Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Savoring the Word of the Lord This Morning, part 1

February 1, 2011

7:14 a.m. I woke up about 15 minutes ago and began to pray with my first conscious thoughts–or within seconds of coming conscious and realizing that I had the gift of yet one more day in this life. I prayed unto the Father in the Name of Christ and asked for that which I most desire–personal revelation of Christ’s words and heart and mind and will to me today. Feeling the sweet indwelling warmth of the Holy Spirit’s abiding companionship, I was assured that in His presence I enjoy atonement with the Son in Spirit and in Truth, and through Him with the Father of us all–the Most High God.

And immediately, I prayed to have a knowledge of His will for me and the power to carry it out given to me. I prayed to know, “Lord, what would Thou have me do?” and immediately the answer came, “Follow your heart, Colleen!” With authority, with finality–and I knew God could not lie. And before I could be set upon by fearful, lying influences and the fearful thoughts they whisper, I both heard and saw the Truth: “I am your heart, Colleen!” And suddenly my heart filled with the fire of God, of Christ. No, it did more than fill with Him. That’s not enough “as one.” That is two one inside the other. That is not atonement. Atonement is becoming as one. It is becoming as much of a celestial being as I can stand to be under the present veiled, muffled circumstances. It is the ultimate meaning of becoming the best person I can be.

“Follow you heart, Colleen, means the exact same thing as follow Me. Take no counsel from the Liar. Take no counsel from anyone. Believe your heart and follow it in meekness and in power. Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth. I have given you flesh dedicated to following Me, dedicated to following you in Me and Me in You–our atonement. Do not give another thought to the opinions of men, lean not onto the arm of flesh or onto thine own understanding.”

Lord, I am filled with desire to savor and sup deeply from the verses in which those thoughts are treasured up and showcased.

“Do so, Beloved Friend.”

I find the first in 2 Chronicles 32: 7-8 –

7 Be strong and courageous, be not afraid nor dismayed for the king of Assyria, nor for all the multitude that is with him: for there be more with us than with him:

8 With him is an arm of flesh; but with us is the LORD our God to help us, and to fight our battles. And the people rested themselves upon the words of Hezekiah king of Judah.


I hear Christ open these verses and speak to me through them:

“Colleen, be strong and courageous, be not afraid nor dismayed by the Enemy, Satan, nor the multitude that he has persuaded to believe him, for in Me and your giving your heart to me to be my dwelling place, my abode, you have all the powers of God and Godliness that are expedient for you and that you can bear while yet in mortality. Do not put your time or attention on the counsel of humanistic (arm of flesh) counselors and “experts.” Turn to Me and seek My counsel and My wisdom, and I, the Lord your God will go before you and fight your battles. I invite you, my dear sister, daughter and friend to enter into My rest from this time henceforth until time is no more and you are received into a fulness of My rest and my glory in heaven.”

And I answered Him, still hesitating a little, still wondering how it could possibly be true that someone as flawed and imperfect as myself could be blessed with this fullness of rescue, of redemption, of recovery, of atonement, even while still mortal, “Lord, how is this done?” And I saw nothing but Him, felt nothing but His goodness and mercy, His patience, His kindness, His faith in me, His love of me, His adoration, in fact, of me. As a Father would adore His infant child and give His life to save hers. And I had my answer and ceased to give any attention to the Father of Lies and rested in the robes of Christ’s Light, of Christ’s Spirit, of Christ’s righteousness and came here to this computer and began recording this journal entry.

To be continued in part 2 . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment